In which I ask for leads and examples in support of a conference presentation I'm to give.
I am seeking interesting examples of use of Git in universities
- especially in tracking things that are not "development" of the "source code" of "software"
- especially usages with teaching, learning, research, administration, or outreach aspects.
Things like: use of Git
- in the academic authoring and publication process, especially in implementing peer review
- in student team collaboration and instructor feedback to students
- in collaboration on not-traditional-source-code artifacts, e.g. music, art, experiment protocols
- in making the history of artifacts available for student exploration
- in authoring, evolving, tracking policy
- in driving down the friction in web and other content management
Any leads, examples, conversations appreciated.